[Inpycon] Registration Complete, the Journey Begins. {was} Status of registration

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 13:00:26 CEST 2010

well, if we want to combine the AGM with the conference, then we have to do
> it
> before end of september. AGM has to be before end of september. And last
> year
> we spent the first three months deciding whether to have a conference at
> all,
> what software to use for the conference (that took a couple of months). So
> we
> are ahead in these things. We also have some sort of organisaitonal
> structure
> in place - so we are ahead there too.
>
> and do not forget the original idea was to register the society *before*
> the
> conference. So it is much more than 6 months.

To be fair I think the call on the conference need to be taken by  Chennai
team ie Kausik & gang!  I think as a first step they must have a meeting in
Chennai, and then come up with a sound plan, budgets and things like that,
and rest of us should then do our bit to support the plan! But a physical
meeting of the volunteers is a must.

I think we need to then announce stuff on the web site.

Start with some promotions in blogs etc, and then search for sponsorships.
Gte content, speakers and other stuff and just get ahead.

I feel we have enough time on hand. We are early April. Last year things
went full steam only in June....