[Inpycon] Venue Finalization {was} PyCon 2010 - Let's get started

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 10:06:37 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM, kausikram krishnasayee
<kausikram at gmail.com>wrote:

> the offers got a little cold but its still doable we can warm things up
>>> here. we were holding back to get the society work expedited, now then thats
>>> taken care of we can get to the conference planning. we have one private
>>> college, slightly out of the way thats given an in principle yes. (there
>>> were some 30 students from this college at the last InPyCon). we can also go
>>> ahead and talk to another college which is bang in the middle of the city,
>>> with two AC halls and some good classroom, but talks for that have not
>>> started yet. (the barcamp happening this sunday is scheduled to take place
>>> in the venue i am talking about)
>>>

>>  This sounds good. What is name of this college ?
>>
>> Rajalakshmi engineering college which is near S*riperumbudur (in the
> bangalore highway some 30kms from chennai)*  has said an in principle yes,
> along with shuttle bus services to and from their college.

 30 km away is not exactly in the middle of the city, is it ?
 I was talking about the 2nd college you mentioned "bang in the middle of
 the city", not the first one.

 This doesn't sound like a good place - it is too far and may not
 be very accessible.

> the barcamp is happening at SRM University City Campus in vadapalani
> (pretty close to the inter city bus station), which also used to be the
> erstwhile TCS office.

So is this the "bang in the middle" one ? Please clarify.

> --
> Kausikram Krishnasayee
> Company: http://silverstripesoftware.com | Webpage: kausikram.net | Blog:
> blog.kausikram.net | Twitter: http://twitter.com/kausikram | Email: