[Inpycon] Budget estimates

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:50:31 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Senthil Kumaran <orsenthil at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [..]
> > On personal side again, I definitely wont be able to contribute as
> > much (or as little) I could last year, so I was thinking more in terms
> > of siding towards where there is enthusiasm and of course, I do trust
> > the people.[..]
>
> Oh. I don't think it's a Chennai vs. Bangalore thing community wise.
> Regardless of where we're holding it, I'm sure the people would work
> towards it. I know I would and Kausik has voiced similar sentiments in
> his email.
>
> Like I mentioned, it's PyCon India and not Pycon Bangalore or Pycon
> Chennai.
>
> The discussion is trying to converge at where we're like to hold it.
> What are the pros and cons and stuff like that.

Let me add this.

I am personally all for Chennai or for that matter any large metro with
infrastructure, and can attract sponsors and participants.

What concerns me ( I know I have repeated this)

1) The enthusiasm from Chennai guys at least in this forum is not ** visible
**
2) I am also concerned how the sponsors will react. I must admit the
possibility of actually another city getting bigger sponsors is slightly
lower than Bangalore, unless someone really puts in effort.