[Inpycon] Registration system [was] Budget estimates

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:01:14 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/21 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:
>> I'm strongly -1 for the fossconf app. I don't mean to diss Kenneth or
>> the work he and Theju have done on it but I think it's more trouble
>> than it's worth.
>
> I completely agree with Noufal.
>
> A simple wiki can provide most of our needs. user registration can be
> outsourced to a payment system like doattend and talk scheduling can
> be done offline.

I called and spoke to doattend. Using their services would increase
the price of each ticket (they charge per ticket sale) by around 30 -
40 INR (for a 200 INR ticket). This is perfectly fine.

I set up a test event. It took 10 minutes to do and I understand that
the list of registrants will be available along with the details we
ask for exportable as a CSV so it works fine for us.
http://noufal-test.doattend.com/ is the URL in case you want to try it
out. The payment information is bogus so please don't try to send any
money.

They also have an offline payment system where people can send them
money or finally if people want to register on the spot, the list of
people is available so that's doable as well.

I'm totally in favour of using their services. They're affordable and
provide a really cool service.

I vote strongly on a wiki + doattend for the site.

--
~noufal