[Inpycon] Budget estimates

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:17:34 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Shashwat Anand <anand.shashwat at gmail.com>wrote:

> AFAIK GvR do not travel and attend pycon.
> big +1 for Michael Ford ( @voidspace )
>

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
>> <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [..]
>> >  PSF has a history of funding overseas Python conferences like
>> >  ours for supporting travel of foreign speakers. If we can get a few
>> >  names finalized and an agreement on this, I will open up a thread
>> >  in PSF regarding this.[..]
>>
>> I spoke to two people when I was there and they have expressed their
>> interest in coming.
>> 0. David Goodger  -
>> http://python.net/~goodger/professional/cv/resume_David_Goodger.txt<http://python.net/%7Egoodger/professional/cv/resume_David_Goodger.txt>
>> 1. Michael Foord - Author of IronPython in action and current
>> maintainer of the unittest module
>>
>> I asked about this earlier here and people expressed interest in
>> getting Raymond Hettinger to come. I'd like that too. I wanted to ask
>> him directly but couldn't meet him before he left.
>>
>> I'm not sure if GvR is interested in travelling.

+1 for Raymond. I am personally a big fan of him, especially
the originality of his contributions at Activespace Cookbook
most of which are now part of Python stdlib.

GvR doesn't travel and give talks AFAIK.

+1 for  David Goodger also.

I will find out about the formal ways of proposing this
and submit a proposal for funding travel of 1-2 key persons
who are part of pydev and/or PSF.

>> --
>> ~noufal
>> http://nibrahim.net.in