[Inpycon] Sponsorships

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 08:01:33 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/22 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:
>> I've made a skeleton of a page to discuss sponsors and sponsorship
>> tiers at http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/SponsorShip
>>
>> I'm not really sure what we should offer in the tiers.
>>
>> I'm also not sure about which companies we should approach. ZeOmega
>> definitely. Probably ThoughtWorks as well. Google would be nice but we
>> need real contacts to go ahead there.
>
> I think 1L is too less for Platinum sponsorship. I suggest 2L for
> platinum, 1L for gold and 50K for silver.
>
> We can aim for:
>
> 1 Platinum (1 * 2L) + 2 Gold (2 * 1L) + 2 Silver (2 * 50K) = 5L.

Makes sense but we should target for above our budget.
If we aim for the stars, we might reach the moon but if we aim for the
moon, we might not end up anywhere.

Let's decouple the budget from the sponsors and focus on getting as
many sponsors as we can. If there's excess cash, we have our society
and stuff and we can always keep cash for next year. We can also buy
hardware like power strips etc. which would help up in the future and
keep it as society property.

--
~noufal