[Inpycon] Sponsorships

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 13:52:42 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> No, I didn't mean to do that. My point is that it is better to look for
> a larger number of medium-smaller sponsors than the one big
> diamond sponsor who provides the silver-bullet for our budgeting
> worries.

That is true. I was however thinking of them as a diamond sponsor and
perhaps smaller others.

> First of all, having more # of varied sponsors improves the
> image and participation in the conference and secondly, we don't
> need to give into the compulsions of the big guy. Finally, I don't
> believe we are in such a stage so as to scout around for the big
> guys. Not yet.

Perhaps not enough clout but I don't see the harm in giving it a shot.
I concur with your other point though. Perhaps we should approach the
big G *after* scouting around a little.

> I have made changes to your wiki page. Please take a look.[..]

Will do.

--
~noufal