[Inpycon] First cut of grand schedule

स्वक्ष vid at svaksha.com
Mon Apr 26 04:34:46 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 11:03, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/2010/04/bugfixing-at-pyohio.html,
>> since we have a few months to plan and discuss something similar? Any
>> takers?
>
> I have my doubts on such an effort clicking in India right now. Perhaps
> for a week-end sprint of already networked Python hackers (like some in
> this list for example), but for a conference such as this, this might not
> work out.
>
> Indian audience who are attending these confs typically like to listen,
> take notes and go home to try stuff. In this years edition it would be
> good if we can get a star pydev contributor to talk about the experience
> in contributing to Python core. That will set the stage for bug-fixing
> sprints in a future PyCon.

Umm...by something similar, I meant sprints on Python projects, not
python core itself --given the audience description I too think the
latter is a big leap. The idea is to start small, ala, dojorio.org, or
even if anyone here is willing to walk beginners through the process
of creating say a documentation patch ---not easy, to write good
documentation you need to understand how stuff works, hence more
learning/deeper knowledge and most Linux projects have established
processes which are intimidating for newcomers.

So, if we start small on weekends, we may be able to get somewhere in
future. On that note, its sad that yesterdays meet was cancelled and I
wanted to suggest that instead of waiting till the last minute for a
number of people to say +1, just freeze the weekend (say, every
sat/sun at 3pm?) and let the (2 or 3?) people who do show up go ahead
with their work and tell the list about it. This will reduce the
ambiguity over whether there is a meet or not, help stabilise and
publicise it in colleges/universities. Thoughts?

--
thanks and regards,
vid || http://svaksha.com