[Inpycon] Volunteer needed! - Sponsorship coordinator

kunal ghosh kunal.t2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 18:38:02 CEST 2010

Hi noufal,

I want to volunteer for PyCon 2010.I have my college during daytime, so will
not be able to attend
sponsors' calls then.But mailing list co-ordination etc are fine with me.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone? Please? This is a vital aspect of the conference.
>
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >   We're at at a situation where we need to coordinate our sponsorship
> > efforts. Mails have been sent and some leads are there. I'll put
> > whatever I have on the wiki by tonight.
> >
> >   There will be different people for handling different accounts
> > (based on city, contacts etc.) but as far as our side is concerned we
> > need a single person to be in charge of the entire effort.
> >
> >   The responsibilities will be
> >    - Keep track of various sponsorship accounts and be in touch with
> > the person handling the accounts.
> >    - Pitch in where negotiations are necessary and make calls on what
> > facilities are provided (while we go there with rigid 'this is what
> > you get for this much' kinds of proposals, there will be negotiations
> > and both parties will have to compromise - you get to decide how
> > much).
> >    - You will be the single person mailed by the sponsors if they
> > have queries (like "do we have stalls? what size?" etc.)
> >    - You have to keep the sponsors happy (ie. answer their questions
> > and make sure they have what they need).
> >    - After the event is over, you need to return their stuff and
> > close any open threads.
> >
> >   I must emphasise that no single person can do all this by himself.
> > The main task is to coordinate these efforts amongst other volunteers.
> >
> >   Sponsorships are the oxygen on which the conference breathes and
> > all we have is a half empty cylinder left over from last year. This is
> > something extremely important and it's not an exaggeration to say that
> > if this is not handled properly, the conference won't take place.
> >
> >   So, if there's anyone out there who wants to make their mark in
> > this years PyCon, now's the time to make yourself heard! Reply to this
> > thread (or to me personally if you prefer) and we'll set things up.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > ~noufal
> > http://nibrahim.net.in
> >

> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in

regards
-------
Kunal Ghosh
Dept of Computer Sc. & Engineering.
Sir MVIT
Bangalore,India

Quote:
"Ignorance is not a sin, the persistence of ignorance is"
--
"If you find a task difficult today, you'll find it difficult 10yrs later
too !"

Blog:kunalghosh.wordpress.com
Website:www.kunalghosh.net46.net
V-card:http://tinyurl.com/86qjyk