[Inpycon] Registration status

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 08:56:37 CET 2010

>> I don't care about the details. I've promised Dinesh that I'll move
>> the remaining  PyCon India money to a different account before end of
>> this financial year. It is my responsibility to make sure it is done.
>>
>> I'm very happy if you can finish registering a nation-wide society
>> before March. It already took too long and I don't see a hope that it
>> gets finished before March if it continue at the same pace. Sorry for
>> being a pessimist!
>

>> Is there anyone in this group who can take the responsibility of
>> circulating it, making every one sign on it, finish the registration,
>> opening the bank account before March?
>
> what do you think I have been doing?

Let me say it once again. "... *before March*".

Kenneth, I'm not underestimating or criticizing the work that you have
done so far. But, it took 4 months to get the paper work done. Now we
need to get the signatures, do the registration and open a bank
account. For me, it seems that it will easily take another 2 months,
unless somebody pushes it very hard.

Do you think you can wrap everything in next 45 days?

>> If not, I can take the responsibility of registering a society in
>> Bangalore with whoever is available there at that time as members.
>> After all the society is only for managing funds.
>
> why on earth did you not do this long ago? would have saved everyone a lot of
> trouble.

I thought that the process will take a month or two, but not six months.