[Inpycon] Opening registrations

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Thu Jul 1 17:32:12 CEST 2010

On 06/30/2010 11:12 PM, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Anand Chitipothu<anandology at gmail.com>  wrote:
> [..]
>>  I don't think early-bird registration is going to cutdown the queue.
>>  People anyway have to collect the conference kit and swag. With
>>  early-bird registration we will have a better estimate of number of
>>  people expected.
>
> I think it will help.
> Picking up swag bags and giving it to people is not *that* time consuming.
>
> It's when people give us money and we have to hunt for change and put
> their names down etc. that it becomes tedious and time consuming.

Just a thought, since the event is in September and online registrations will be
(/are ??) open, why can't in-person registrations also simultaneously occur at
the python user group meets ?

Unless i am mistaken the bangpypers meet every month and so to the Mumpy guys.
In person registrations at these meets might be convenient for those who have
already made up their mind to attend but cannot make online payment while also
easing away at least some of the load off from the on-the-spot registrations.

So, someone from these cities can volunteer to collect registrations. We can
have a cut-off date after which the volunteers in each city handling these
registrations stop accepting any more and transfer the names and registration
money to someone in Bangalore (I am assuming that the ability to do this
transfer through online means would be a pre-requisite to volunteer to collect
registrations).

I can volunteer to handle registrations in Pune (although we don't have regular
meetings, i can always meetup with some of the members).

cheers,
- steve

--
random spiel: http://lonetwin.net/