[Inpycon] Opening registrations

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 20:51:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:46 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> [..]
> > not necessary , start registration at 8.30 or 9.00 , have more
> registration
> > desks and close it just before keynote addressing and then open again ,
>
> This is not really practical. We can't take all the stuff from the
> desks, keep it somewhere and then come back again after they keynote.

it is possible , why we have to block our minds , there will be lot of
options

> If the registration desk is opened, it should stay open till there are
> no more people to register.
>

> The traffic will spike around 10:00 am. That's when people will drop
> in in large numbers. I think it's a given that the people who man the
> registration desk will miss the keynote. It's not pleasant so i'd like
> to make it as quick and less as possible.
>
> quick means , more volunteers and less in number means -- thats left to how
we want  it to be , do you think not allowing people to attend the keynote
for those who have not registered is a good thing to do ,

 i think it should not be like that

Just because we have 50 student volunteers doesn't mean that we have
> to needlessly make more work.

i bet students like to meet and talk to more people than anyone -- i bet on
this , we have seen this happening since many years , so usually we leave
these kind of things to them

of course taking their help is left to you

> > otherwise few have to miss the key note and those might have to look into
> > the recoded videos
>
> Yeah. That's not a good thing. I'd like the number of people who miss
> the keynote to be as small as possible.

good !!