[Inpycon] Opening registrations

kunal ghosh kunal.t2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 02:47:34 CEST 2010

In the registration acknowledgement slip we can have barcodes printed.
http://www.eventbrite.com/ has that option , and it is also capable enough
to manage pre-event registrations. ( their services would
have an option of pre-payment and also it would be free for us . (Non profit
organization ) )

workflow 1: Participants with pre-booking.
a. have the participant print out the acknowledgement slip with the bar
code.
b. the moment they come at the registration desk. a person with a barcode
reader scans his slip, matches to see if it is legitimate.
c. If it is legitimate , he is passed on to the next desk to collect the
swags.

workflow 2: Walk - In participants ( The difficult part )
a. We have a second Queue, with another barcode reader , the walking
participant hands over his ID card (Office id / College id )
    and has the barcode on it scanned. ( Most Id cards have bar codes
). ( *Does
anyone has an experience working with barcode readers ? different cards
would have different format for storing the data* )
b.1 If the card has barcode and the data is read correctly, he goes to the
payment and swag collection counter.
b.2 if the card doesn't have a barcode or the data isn't read correctly ,
the participant has to register manually.

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:21 AM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:46 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> [..]
>> > not necessary , start registration at 8.30 or 9.00 , have more
>> registration
>> > desks and close it just before keynote addressing and then open again ,
>>
>> This is not really practical. We can't take all the stuff from the
>> desks, keep it somewhere and then come back again after they keynote.
>>
> it is possible , why we have to block our minds , there will be lot of
> options
>
>> If the registration desk is opened, it should stay open till there are
>> no more people to register.
>>

>> The traffic will spike around 10:00 am. That's when people will drop
>> in in large numbers. I think it's a given that the people who man the
>> registration desk will miss the keynote. It's not pleasant so i'd like
>> to make it as quick and less as possible.
>>
>> quick means , more volunteers and less in number means -- thats left to
> how we want  it to be , do you think not allowing people to attend the
> keynote for those who have not registered is a good thing to do ,
>
>  i think it should not be like that
>

> Just because we have 50 student volunteers doesn't mean that we have
>> to needlessly make more work.
>>

> i bet students like to meet and talk to more people than anyone -- i bet on
> this , we have seen this happening since many years , so usually we leave
> these kind of things to them
>
> of course taking their help is left to you
>
>> > otherwise few have to miss the key note and those might have to look
>> into
>> > the recoded videos
>>
>> Yeah. That's not a good thing. I'd like the number of people who miss
>> the keynote to be as small as possible.
>>

> good !!
>
>> [..]
>>
>> --