[Inpycon] Opening registrations

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 12:30:22 CEST 2010

2010/7/2 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:
> Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> writes:
>
>> On Thursday 01 July 2010 21:02:12 steve wrote:
> [...]
>>> Just a thought, since the event is in September and online registrations
>>>  will be (/are ??) open, why can't in-person registrations also
>>>  simultaneously occur at the python user group meets ?
>
> [...]
>
>> ideas out of the box are very good. We can collect from chennaipy members
>
> I think it's a good idea and would help us. Let's start this off as soon
> as the registrations open (we're discussing stuff with Doattend - I
> expect it to officially open on the 5th). I will also speak to them
> about this.
>
> We'll need people for each of the groups to take responsibility for that
> area.
>
> Kenneth can (or at least find someone to) take care of Chennai
> Steve can handle Pune
> Someone needs to step up for Bangalore
> Someone needs to step up for Hyderabad
> Someone needs to step up for Mumbai
>
> If one of you guys can contact the people and arrange for this to happen,
> it would be great. I'm rather strapped for time myself.

That might not work for all the people. Some one like me might be
sitting in some remote corner of the city and won't be able to meet
the designated person to handover the money. What if the designated
person failed to turn up for the event for some personal reason.

I suggest keeping 3 tiers.

online earlybird registration: Rs 250/-
offline earlybird registration: Rs 300/-
spot registration: Rs. 350/-

So people can pay online to get a discount of Rs. 50. People who don't
have access to netbanking can save Rs. 50/- by catching someone who
has access.