[Inpycon] Opening registrations

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 13:01:13 CEST 2010

Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> writes:

> 2010/7/2 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:

[...]

> That might not work for all the people. Some one like me might be
> sitting in some remote corner of the city and won't be able to meet
> the designated person to handover the money. What if the designated
> person failed to turn up for the event for some personal reason.

It's not for all the people but the people who *can* come can do so and
we'll have that much less overhead at the day of the conf.

> I suggest keeping 3 tiers.
>
> online earlybird registration: Rs 250/-
> offline earlybird registration: Rs 300/-
> spot registration: Rs. 350/-
>
> So people can pay online to get a discount of Rs. 50. People who don't
> have access to netbanking can save Rs. 50/- by catching someone who
> has access.

[...]

I don't think a 50INR benefit is going to persuade/dissuade anyone. I
think the early bird rates can be 250. You can either pay online or at
one of the group meetups. Doattend has some offline payment system
(cheque etc.) as well.

If they've registered early, and don't pay, they can pay at the
venue. This is something which we wish to avoid but I'm not sure if we
can.

If they're completely spot registrations, we should make the money
significantly higher so that this is dissuaded. 50 INR is not
enough. Atleast double of the early bird rates.

So that's three tiers.
Early bird registration : 250 INR (From July 5 to 20 Aug)
Regular registration    : 350 INR (From 20 Aug till the conf date).
Spot registration       : 500 INR (at the desk registrations)

The payment for the first two can be online or offline.

If you feel that the 500 INR is too much, perhaps we can do something
else like "no swag for spot registrations"?