[Inpycon] Student/newbie talks

Parthan S R parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 19:00:50 CEST 2010

  On 7/2/2010 10:15 PM, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>          One of the things we had planned is to have a "newbie"
> track. This would contain talks by people with less experience on
> simpler subjects. Students and new programmers would benefit from these.
>
>          We'd need talks for this track as well so if there are students
> on the list, please come forward and submit your talks. I've CCed Renuka
> Prasad and Anil directly to spread the word at RV and MSRIT.
>
> Thanks.

Last year Noufal, Kenneth and I conducted a series of talks on
"Introduction to Python", with swapping of the beginner and advanced
level sessions between us. This year the same can be taken up by
students who have worked with Python, or even utilize the remaining two
months to try Python and give a introductory talk on what all they have
learnt so far.

One need not even prepare slides for this, just have a list of topics
you would like to cover and give some examples for each during the live
session. There will be mistakes but showing the audience how to make
mistakes and fix them is very useful than example codes in slides that
would just work; that's the real fun!

With Regards,
Parthan