[Inpycon] Opening registrations.

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 11:34:01 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,
        Here's the plan unless someone brings up an absolute roadblock.

        We'll open the registrations tonight and start publicising
it. The rates are as follows.

        - Early bird rates   : From July 6 to Aug 31 : 250 INR
          - Pay before 31 Aug
          - This can be done either online using the website or using
            one of the offline registrations during the user group
            meetings.

        - Regular rates      : From Aug 31 to Sep 20 : 350 INR
          - Pay after Aug 31
          - This rate holds whether it's done online or offline. I'm not
            sure if there will be an offline gathering after 31 Aug
            though.

        - Spot registrations : At the desk on 25/26 Sep : 500 INR
          - For people who just show up on that day.
          - Swag bags will be given only if there are leftovers
            (registered people are prioritised).
          - This rate is high and there's the "no swag punishment" to
            discourage people from doing this.

        The rates are determined when people pay and not when they
register.

        If there are groups who are concerned that there will be no way
for them to pay early (college students in remote areas), they're free
to hold a small local meet, gather the people there who are interested,
collect the money and let us know. We'll take care of marking them as
paid.

        Offline extortion of registration fees can be done once in July
and once in August. We can take care of Bangalore. Kenneth/Kausik can
take of Chennai. Mehul has agreed to take care of Mumbai and Steve for
Pune.

        The details of how to integrate the doattend interface onto the
website are being dealt with by Anand C (external link, embedded form
etc.).

        Okay. That's that. If anyone objects, please raise your voice
now or forever hold your peace! If there are no objections, we'll roll
this out tonight and start publicising it.

Thanks