[Inpycon] Prizes/mentors for newbie track

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:04:16 CEST 2010

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> That got me thinking about - will there by any kind of repercussion
> i.e frustration among regular talk folks ("seniors" so to speak) of
> not being considered for a similar prize ? Kind of like "being a
> newbie is an advantage, no point in talking in this conf in the
> future" feeling ?

That kind of thing is a little immature isn't it? There are many
speakers who I don't know personally but the ones I do know wouldn't
consider it like this. Most of them give talks because it's PyCon and
because they can share their ideas with a larger like minded crowd.

The n00bs don't know this feeling which is why this whole evil ploy to
entice them with something more material.

> Perhaps I am being unduly worrying here...  Many of us are talkers
> here ourselves - what do you feel ?

Speaking for myself, I don't have an issue at all. But I'm biased since
I'm heavily involved in organising the conference and want this to
sauced.

[...]