[Inpycon] Prizes/mentors for newbie track

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:31:45 CEST 2010

Hmmm. This is a pretty can of worms.

Let's step back. The basic idea is to encourage more newbies to speak
(this includes students and people who haven't really participated in
community conferences before). The prize is meant to encourage them but
the feeling is that it might discourage the regular speakers.

Maybe we should drop the prize completely and just provide a certificate
or something to all the newbies who present. The experienced crowd won't
need something like this and the students would be encouraged by it.

Also, Renuka Prasad's point on publicty is valid. We're not reaching out
sufficiently. I don't think we have the bandwidth to conduct courses at
colleges. We'll have to do a few at MSRIT as part of the whole venue
deal.