[Inpycon] offline registrations

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:23:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a feeling that the collection of money before the conference is
not going to work well. People active in the usergroups will have no
trouble in paying at the usergroup meetings, but the newbies will have
lot of trouble. This is too-high barrier of entry and I'm worried that
this might put off people. I've seen requests from people from
non-metro cities asking about the payment procedure. I don't think we
can find an easier way to collect money from them.

I suggest we let the offline registrants pay the amount on-spot and
the amount will depend on when they register (early-bird offline
registrants will pay Rs. 250/- on spot). We can keep the option of
collecting money at the usergroup meetings as that helps in reducing
the queue at the registration desk.

What do you think?