[Inpycon] CFP draft for review

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:00:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

  Thanks for writing Noufal, I got a bit busy at office to upload
this in time.

 It is done and the URL is http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/CFP .
 Please ignore the previous URL sent by Noufal.

 Go through this and let me know your comments. I am top-posting
specifically so that this email doesn't go un-noticed.

 I would like to know if it is possible to have a proposal submission
system on the web-site in place by June 11th.  Something like
a simple web-form which can be used by the submitter to upload
proposals. If so I will update <URL> with it and provide more details.

 If we prefer the simpler email way, then I need a <submit at site>
 email where we can receive proposals. I don't want to give a personal
email address here - so I request suggestions. Can we have
 <submit at in.python.org> ?

Thanks

--Anand

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>   Anand has sent me a draft of the CFP which I've put up on the wiki
> at  http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/CallForProposals
>
>   The formatting is a little rusty since my own laptop has all but
> bitten the dust and I'm doing this on a friends machine with a foreign
> environment.
>
>   We're late with this. If we don't get this out in a few days, our
> entire conference is going to suffer. Bad talks is the death blow to
> an event like ours and we have to take all steps to keep the quality
> high. The main way to do it is to give people time to submit stuff and
> to review the submissions seriously before the conference. Anand's
> proposals have timelines in them which are quite tight but the best we
> can manage right now.
>
>   I can't over emphasise the need to review and get this out the door
> quickly and to publicise the CFP. It would be wonderful if you folks
> on the list can take a look see at the draft on the link above and
> suggest corrections. If there are typos, formatting fixes etc., it's a
> wiki, please go ahead and make them. For larger changes, do mail back
> to the list.
>
>   Please take a look and mail back. We have to get this out by the
> week and flood the interwebs with notifications about this. This is
> the main part of the conf!
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> ~noufal