[Inpycon] google-sponsorship update.

स्वक्ष vid at svaksha.com
Wed Jun 9 04:35:40 CEST 2010

Hi,

Quick updates:

0. Unfortunately, we were are late with our request this year as
Google (in US) has already allocated their conference sponsorship
budget through 2010. I've been asked to contact them regarding 2011*
sponsorship later, which I will unless someone else wishes to handle
this (IIRC, earlier someone on the list had volunteered to talk to
their google contacts, but I cant find that thread now and
http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/SponsorShip, does not list
anyone).  IIUC, each country's Google office has a certain budget
allocated per year. So if anyone has contacts in google (india) they
_might_ still have budgets for 2010.

1. http://wiki.europython.eu/GoogleDiversity was something I had asked
for Pycon India. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Will keep the list
posted if I hear budgets for 2010 are still available.

3. I've added Pycon India to the events calendar :
http://code.google.com/events/calendar/

* I assume the 2011 venue will be Chennai and wont be changed.

--
thanks and regards,
vid || http://svaksha.com