[Inpycon] google-sponsorship update.

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 14:22:40 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:56 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:05 AM, स्वक्ष <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Quick updates:
>>
>> 0. Unfortunately, we were are late with our request this year as
>> Google (in US) has already allocated their conference sponsorship
>> budget through 2010. I've been asked to contact them regarding 2011*
>> sponsorship later, which I will unless someone else wishes to handle
>> this (IIRC, earlier someone on the list had volunteered to talk to
>> their google contacts, but I cant find that thread now and
>> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/SponsorShip, does not list
>> anyone).  IIUC, each country's Google office has a certain budget
>> allocated per year. So if anyone has contacts in google (india) they
>> _might_ still have budgets for 2010.
>>
> there is a person called B N chandra mauli ( who is in one of the top
> position at bangalore ), whom we can contact, should i go ahead contacting
> or  wait
[..]

I think you should contact them but a little cautiously. Anand's point
earlier about Google never wanting to be a second player is valid. If
they ask for too much and for the conference to be "Google branded",
we'd have to say no. No harm talking to them. Just exercise a little
caution.

--
~noufal