[Inpycon] CFP draft for review

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 08:20:41 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves
<lawgon at thenilgiris.com>wrote:

> On Wednesday 09 June 2010 11:05:56 Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> > >  It is done and the URL is
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyConIndia2010/CFP
> > > . Please ignore the previous URL sent by Noufal.
> > >

> > looks good - I added a small clause regarding license for release of
> talks.
> >  We  need to determine exactly what license we are going to use. Also
> >  mention of lightning talks, BOFs, sprints should be there - may be not a
> >  call for proposals yet, but at least to make sure people are aware of
> this
> >  and that we do not lose sight of it.
> >

> I would suggest this license:
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

Added this.

> also wrt audience:
> 'The conference is aimed at the python community and the participants will
> be
> members of the community of various levels. Although total newcomers to
> python
> will be welcome, the conference will not be in any way focussed on
> introducing
> python.'
>
> or something on these lines ...

Thanks very much for all the comments and updates on this.

I have made some changes. Anand, if you can let me know the
submit URL by EOD today, I will update the CFP with this also
and send an email to the group. Then we can copy the text to
the conference site and go live on this.

It will be good to test the submit URL before we do so to
make sure there are no obvious bugs. If you need more time
for this let me know, so we can postpone this by 1 or 2
days. I would prefer to go live tomorrow as scheduled or
at most by Monday June 14th since we are already running
a packed schedule.

> --
> regards
> kg