[Inpycon] CFP draft for review

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 14:02:59 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I have made some changes. Anand, if you can let me know the
> > submit URL by EOD today, I will update the CFP with this also
> > and send an email to the group. Then we can copy the text to
> > the conference site and go live on this.
>
> http://in.pycon.org/2010/talks/submit
>
> > It will be good to test the submit URL before we do so to
> > make sure there are no obvious bugs. If you need more time
> > for this let me know, so we can postpone this by 1 or 2
> > days. I would prefer to go live tomorrow as scheduled or
> > at most by Monday June 14th since we are already running
> > a packed schedule.
>
> It is ready. For now, it just sends an email to Noufal, Anand B Pillai
> and Anand Chitipothu.
>
> I'm planning to put a real implementation by the end of next week and
> I'll make sure any submissions before that are moved to the system.
>
> Any objections?

No problems with the email part. But regarding the interface
I have a few suggestions.

1. Duration - Since we accept only 30/45 mins talk, why note make this
a drop down with only these 2 choices ?
2. I had added "Description" in the CFP for detailed outline for reviewers
plus notes. It is not possible to review a proposal with just a summary
which we say should not be more than 100 words. This is required
in the interface.
3. Can we have a "topic" category which lists the main topics I have
in the CFP which the user can select then ?
4. Does it make sense to generate a unique ID for a talk that is
submitted ?

I am most concerned about (2), others are fine in the current form.
I cannot review a talk with the information the current UI provides.

Thanks

--Anand

> Anand

--Anand