[Inpycon] CFP draft for review

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 17:21:32 CEST 2010

>> and I just submitted a blank form - that went through also. Apparently
>> there
>> is no verification set up so far.
>
> Oh, so it was you who did it :)
>
> Can we use simple verification like an email regex at least ?
> I am not sure how tough this is, but seems easier with javascript
> since it is quite common now a days.

I'm aware of it. Will do it tomorrow.

> For bots, a CAPTCHA is needed. Perhaps we can have a simple
> one like what they use at wiki.python.org ? A few random questions
> that cycle and the user has to enter the answer ?
>
> There is no need of a complicated image CAPTCHA for this.

NO for captchas.

 I manage openlibrary.org, which gets about 200K unique visitors/day
and the amount of spam is quite manageable. Yes, we run without
captchas.

I don't expect  bot attack on in.pycon.org. May be I can add a
constraint to not allow more than one talk submission in 5 miniutes
from any given IP. That will take care of spam.