[Inpycon] CFP draft for review

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 23:01:06 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/6/11 Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com>:

> the
> >>
> >> Done.
> >>
> >> http://in.pycon.org/2010/talks/submit

> >> I'm out of town for the weekend. Please add the CFP to the website
> >> once your final modifications are done.
> >
> > How to do that ? I have no idea.
> > Can you let me know the modus operandi ? Or ask someone
> > with the gyan to help me.
>
> Please create an account in the website from
> http://in.pycon.org/2010/account/register and let me know. I'll give
> you required permissions to edit the pages.
>
> After that you have to go to http://in.pycon.org/2010/cfp and click on
> the Edit link at the bottom of the page (visible only to the logged in
> users).
>
> The website uses markdown for formatting.
> http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

I spent nearly half an hour in the night trying to get any kind
of list going in the text. Unordererd or ordered list are all showing
up in the page without the bullet mark. I have tried all kinds
but the text I want to bullet just shows up as,

"""
Contents
  Important dates
  Permission to record/release presentations

"""

Not good - what is the point in having so much technology
if it cannot render something as silly as a list properly ?

Looks like you have a problem with your stylesheets.
I wanted to put this up today night, but without lists
showing up as lists in the site, I can't go forward
because I am using a lot of bulletted and numbered
lists in the CFP as you can see from the draft.

And I thought moimoin was a pain!

Please someone fix this annoying problem if they
know how to hack stylesheets. I hit my limits with
HTML/CSS etc within half an hour at the most since
I never do this stuff.

http://in.pycon.org/2010/cfp

HTML source shows <ul>...</ul> correctly but
rendering shows no sign of a list being there.

> Anand

--Anand