[Inpycon] Fwd: Sponsorships from IITB

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 03:55:38 CEST 2010

2010/6/18 Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>:
> Well, what do you guys feel?

I felt very happy after looking at the email. My comments inline.

I think we'll do that this time.

> 1. "FOSSEE funded by MHRD" must be visibly present in various places.

Combined logo of FOSSEE + MHRD together? Or put both logos?

> 2. We will fund/sponsor PyCon to the tune of Rs.1 lakh to be used as
> decided by the organizers.

Wow! Govt. of India is the Gold sponsor.

> 3. We will conduct a "python for scientific computing" tutorial. Think
> of it as a parallel track for tutorials. It will be targeted at
> faculty members of educational institutions offering engineering,
> science, and computer applications, only.

It is always nice to have more content.

> 4. We will conduct a lightning talk on our SEES (Software Engineering
> for Engineers and Scientists) course.

This is fine too.

> For item 3, we will pay for 2nd sleeper train fare for the faculty
> (who pass a test at the end of the tutorial) along with some allowance
> for their stay at PyCon.  This will  be limited to about 100 faculty.
> (This funding will be independent of the Rs.1 lakh given to PyCon.)
>
> We are sure this will benefit PyCon quite a bit.

Yes, we can also use their network to put posters in many colleges.
That might get us more student participants.

[...]

>>>  4. Put up a fossee logo on the t-shirt and also some banners and allow us
>>> to setup a small stall.
>>
>> The main banner will have the sponsor name as will the site. It'll
>> also be there on the brochures/handouts we provide and on the other
>> promotional materials. A stall can be provided. The T-shirt will not
>> have any logos except "PyCon India 2010". We're not giving that to any
>> sponsor.
>
> OK. I understand you want to keep the t-shirt free of any sponsoring
> agency but to treat us on par with any company is inappropriate.  We
> are out and out trying to increase Python adoption with no hidden
> agenda. So please let me know of your concerns but do not treat us
> like some random company out there.

I don't really agree here. PyCon shouldn't look like a FOSSEE event.
They can distribute a new t-shirt if they wish.

Anand