[Inpycon] [X-post] : PyCon India artwork

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Fri Jun 25 08:57:19 CEST 2010

On Friday 25 June 2010 11:47:36 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> I've set up Google analytics for the site I think the site
> advertisement needs work.

if we want people to revisit our site, we need to have things happening on it
- if nothing changes, there is no point in visiting it again. CFP is there -
but no news on the talks submitted. Not even a tweet. Over a period of years
we have found that community conferences in India follow a different flow from
those in the US. There registration of delegates takes place after talk
registration - here we have found that the best way is to open delegate
registration at the first stage itself and widely publicise the list of people
who say they are going to attend - this itself makes people revisit the site
to see who is coming. As for early bird registration, it makes sense in the US
where there is a substantial saving in early bird - and no sense here where
the saving is a token one. So open the the delegate registration, publicise
the talks submitted and permit discussion of the same on site - buzz will be
generated. And make the landing page either the list of delegates or the
submitted talks.
--
Regards
Kenneth Gonsalves