[Inpycon] Tweets regarding PSF sponsorship

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:01:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Shashwat Anand <anand.shashwat at gmail.com>wrote:

> Apologies :|
> Just went a bit over-board.

Np. Please delete the tweet if you haven't already.
Also, the proper wording for this is not even "donation".
PSF has sponsored us and it is better to be politically
correct on this rather than causing awkwardness.

If someone tweets on this, please say "PSF is sponsoring
Pycon India 2010 blah blah blah". That is better PR
from our side.

Sorry if I sound a bit too uptight. I am normally not,
but in this aspect, I would like to preserve some decorum.

--Anand

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai <
> abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  I saw some tweets regarding PSF funding which says
>> sth like "Pycon got 1000 $ donation from PSF - f#!Iing awesome!"
>>
>> Please refrain from using base language when
>> tweeting something which is as important as this.
>>
>> I think we should be more civil when tweeting regarding
>> sponsors especially a parent body like PSF.
>>
>> I saw many retweets also on this. I request the
>> author to delete this tweet and also the retweeters
>> since this is now showing up on the conference website.
>>

>> --
>> --Anand

--Anand