[Inpycon] Opening registrations

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:56:31 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 June 2010 13:58:39 Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>>   We're thinking the prices should be
>>     Rs. 250 : Early bird (Early bird will be there till mid August or so).
>
> early bird should be for *all* online registrations prior to the conference -
> online registrations should be open till the day prior to the conference.

Is that the plan? I recollect we had some confusion about this last
year as well.

My idea was that we'd sell the tickets online initially for a lower
cost (early bird) - this is to encourage people to register early. And
then after a cut off date (say 10 Aug), charge slightly more. The idea
is to get more people to register upfront and publicise the event.

I remember you mentioning that it won't make a different in India but
if students are coming, I think the lower price might be good for
them.

Spot registrations are purely for people who are in the neighbourhood
and want to drop in but don't have a ticket.

What do you feel?

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in