[Inpycon] Opening registrations

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 14:29:54 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai <
abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
>> <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> [..]
>> >  +1. Valid point. We need a "register" on site and then click on "Pay"
>> > button which takes us to doattend. This way we can track delegates on
>> our
>> > site and get payment status from doattend also. I am sure their API
>> should
>> > support
>> > that.
>>
>> I agree to this as well. I'll talk to doattend about it.
>>
>> What about the early bird thing? I think Kenneth's suggestion makes
>> sense. I'm eager to avoid any queues at the conference since it's a
>> hassle.
>>

> Yes. We should try to avoid the queues on the venue. They
> are always a time consuming affair.

i think you people have  forgotten that there are 50 student volunteers

first few hours ( not more than 2 hours ) majority of them could help in
doing registration if necessary

one of our experience ----- for an intercollegiate event with a
participation of 3000 participants there were around 50 events with atleast
3 volunteers for each event for registration and other things , we were able
to manage doing more than 1000 fresh registration within one hour

well for pycon 2010 if there are 20 student volunteers  doing registration
at 10 desks in parallel for every two mins, one registration would count
atleast 10 / min and may be more if participants have already registered

on an avg if 10 registrations/ min is done , by one hour the registration
process can be finished if the expected crowd is not more than 500