[Inpycon] why are the archives not public?

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Thu Mar 4 07:15:28 CET 2010

On Wednesday 03 Mar 2010 7:18:59 pm Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> > Even I cannot access them, because I do not have a password.
>
> I had told in a previous email about this. Since a lot of discussion
> here was around the link http://wiki.python.org/moin/Moa_Signees  which
> contains our addresses, I set the list archiving to private, so that google
> doesn't have a chance to harvest the link while crawling our archives.

anyway, the MOA, being a public document is available on the internet with the
names and addresses - only email addresses are not there. And no spammer is
interested in snail mail addresses (this is only of interest to stalkers - and
I do not think any of us are likely to be stalked.)
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves