[Inpycon] why are the archives not public?

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 07:41:11 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 Mar 2010 7:18:59 pm Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> > > Even I cannot access them, because I do not have a password.
> >
> > I had told in a previous email about this. Since a lot of discussion
> > here was around the link http://wiki.python.org/moin/Moa_Signees  which
> > contains our addresses, I set the list archiving to private, so that
> google
> > doesn't have a chance to harvest the link while crawling our archives.
> >

> anyway, the MOA, being a public document is available on the internet with
> the
> names and addresses - only email addresses are not there. And no spammer is
> interested in snail mail addresses (this is only of interest to stalkers -
> and
> I do not think any of us are likely to be stalked.)

  I can show you a couple of direct "lotto winning" snail mail scam parcels
  I have received - one to my home address and another to my office address,
  one from an australian postel address and the other, I don't remember.
  The amazing thing was that the 2nd one was almost within a few months
  after me joining my current position.

  Now you know why I am a bit paranoid on throwing my real address around.
  I am not worried about local stalkers, but about clever global fraudsters.

> --
> regards
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Senior Associate