[Inpycon] Setting up the web site for Pycon 2010 {was Website Setup}

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Mon May 3 07:57:19 CEST 2010

On Monday 03 May 2010 11:19:29 am Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Okay. We need a general decision on what to do with the site.
>
> I personally lean towards the Infogami + doattend solution but this is
> a personal feeling (albeit informed by me experiences with FOSSConf).

since you are going to administer the thing - your opinion has the greatest
weight

> I'm not sure what the status of FOSSConf is right now. Is it ready to
> be deployed? If not, do you guys think we should spend more time on
> it? I'm trying to get the other pieces like sponsors/venue and I think
> it would be good if the site was done and one less thing to worry
> about.

although I have full faith in fossconf, I am not in a position to host or tune
it this time around. Ramdas had volunteered to do it, but so far there is no
evidence of him having done anything - so it is your call, especially as Anand
has already done something. However good a piece of software is, it is useless
if not installed and maintained. If I was running the show, I would use
fossconf as I know the software intimately and can make it do what I want -
since I am not running the show this time, you need not worry about 'hurting'
my feelings in this matter. Upto you to decide. As for payments online, I
expect by then to have the payment portal for the society to be up - that
could be used for payments - or, in the last event, that rails thingie.

--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves