[Inpycon] Venue option : IIMB

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue May 4 09:46:03 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org> wrote:
> On Monday 03 May 2010 12:59:18 pm Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> > sounds good - although I am personally against paying anything for venue
>> > and infrastructure, it is your call.[..]
>>
>> I think we had to pay some small amount last time as well. Do you have
>> reasons for this?
>>

> well, I have held conferences and workshops all over India over the past 4-5
> years, and am yet to pay for a venue or infrastructure - the key thing is to
> conduct workshops and seminars in colleges, and the management themselves will
> bid for holding the conference. For example, in Tamilnadu there are at least
> 10-15 colleges ready to host this kind of thing. If it was in Kerala, the IT
> ministry itself would do it. It is similar in most parts of the country - but
> for some reason we have never operated in Karnataka, so my platter is empty
> there.[..]

Some of the colleges will give us the venue for free if we say "India
Python Software Society along with J. Random college presents PyCon
India 2010".

I wouldn't like to put a companys name up in the banner but I'm
somewhat okay with a college. What do you guys feel? It will give us
the venue for free.

--
~noufal