[Inpycon] Sponsorship coordinator (Was: Re: Volunteer needed! - Sponsorship coordinator)

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Tue May 4 12:39:02 CEST 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:58 PM, JAGANADH G <jaganadhg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>  Vijay Bang (CCed on this email) has agreed to be our sponsorship
>> coordinator.
>>
>>  I think after fleshing out the list of people we're approaching, we
>> need to settle on the venue and dates. Once that's done, we can
>> officially start the sponsorship drive.
>>

> Can we use the details available
> http://www.google.com/intl/en/corporate/execs.html
> for contact the big G for sponsership[..]]

I'm quite sure that Eric Schmidt and the others won't respond to us
asking them casually if they're willing to sponsor PyCon. :)

The right way to go if we don't have any direct contacts would be to
talk to the PSF and ask them who they contacted at Google to sponsor
the US PyCon and then try on that front.

However, we'll keep this aside till we finalise the venue.

--
~noufal