[Inpycon] MSRIT as Venue

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Wed May 5 18:22:50 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Shashwat Anand <anand.shashwat at gmail.com>wrote:

> The auditorium looks great :
>
> http://bit.ly/aytpEW
> http://bit.ly/d8WX3w
>
> http://raghuonflex.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/the-msrit-mojo-flex-bootcamp-day-1/
>
> http://raghuonflex.wordpress.com/2008/11/18/the-msrit-mojo-flex-bootcamp-day-2/
>
> Plus facility wise it looks better. Also student's support initiative is
> there which is a nice plus as they will be the future torch bearers of
> PyCon. If they give this for free or on cheap rates, it will be awesome. I
> think, they should be approached at-least.
>
> +1 from my side
>
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Abhishek Mishra <ideamonk at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Adding a few obvious points -
>> A central/known location = more number delegates would find it easy to
>> reach PyCon.
>> A good infrastructure = A long lasting impression on everyone, speakers
>> and delegates alike.
>>
>> If possible would it be appropriate to take pictures of infrastructure
>> offered? , or the details along with what we pay -> what we get kind of
>> comparison.
>>
>> Even if the location is a bit far off I'm in favor of putting in extra
>> effort to reach.

I've been to all the three places. I dont see much of difference in terms of
infrastructure offered. The engineering colleges will definitely offer
better deal, since it makes sense to them, rather than a college like St
Josephs.

Point raised on student support is very important

But a central location will definitely help a number of fence sitters and
lazy souls to make it to the event. That's the idea