[Inpycon] MSRIT as Venue

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu May 6 06:08:55 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been to all the three places. I dont see much of difference in terms
> of infrastructure offered. The engineering colleges will definitely offer
> better deal, since it makes sense to them, rather than a college like St
> Josephs.
>
> Point raised on student support is very important
>
> But a central location will definitely help a number of fence sitters and
> lazy souls to make it to the event. That's the idea

 I don't think the conference is aimed at lazy souls and fence sitters who
plan
to attend only if it is packaged and brought close to their homes. Anyway
this
entire thinking doesn't make sense because people who are interested in
conferences travel hundreds of miles from their place to attend. What is the

problem for a local guy to travel an additional few kms then ?

 Discussion among such lines are unproductive at best. We have a strong
 incentive to conduct it in Engg. colleges as opposed to other places
because
 a wide audience for the conference is already ready to be picked right
there.

--Anand