[Inpycon] Fwd: Sponsorships from IITB

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Fri May 28 11:56:46 CEST 2010

So, this is the pith of the mail I'm planning to send. I presume it
captures everything.

"""
We agree with the conditions in general but there are a few provisos
from our end. The points below address the specific points you
mentioned in your email.

1. We are planning to record all the tutorials/talks/presentations and
put them online for free. This is one thing we're giving back and it
in some sense is similar to the spoken-tutorial initiative.  Apart
from that, live interaction with Python programmers is a general gain
for the community as a whole and we expect this to be the major gain
from the conf. Its a common place for companies using the language to
meet talent. We will also announce and promote sprints. However, their
success depends on participants and that's not something we (or anyone
for that matter) can guarantee.

2. Talk selection will be more stringent. we will give a longer time
for the CFPs so that we'll have time to select and we will keep
"simple" talks in a separate tutorial track if there are sufficient
good ones.

3. A separate tutorial track for science/engineering would be fine but
it will have to fit in with the general scheme of things. There can't
be a separate banner there with extra promotion. There won't be any
separate registrations, certificates etc. for this. Basically, we
don't want to divide the conference into a Fossee event and a PyCon
event. We'll just list in the tracks and people who are looking for
that kind of thing can attend it.

4. The main banner will have the sponsor name as will the site. It'll
also be there on the brochures/handouts we provide and on the other
promotional materials. A stall can be provided. The T-shirt will not
have any logos except "PyCon India 2010". We're not giving that to any
sponsor.

Will the sponsor be "IIT-B" or "FOSSEE"?

Do let me know.

Thanks
"""

Do you guys think it's fine?

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:00 PM, JAGANADH G <jaganadhg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 0. Produce something at the end : We'll record the tutorials/talks and
>> put them online. We'll keep a specific tutorial track to teach people
>> Python. We'll make the presentations and related materials available
>> online.
>
> I think what IITB means in terms of 'Spoken Tutorials' is there some good
> tutorial in inPyCon recorderd
> Like
> Introduction to Python
> Tutorial on PyQt like
> If there is such things and recorded they can host it in theire sopken
> tutoial site.

~noufal