[Inpycon] Preparations for Pycon India 2011

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:07:01 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 01 2010, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    It is about a month and a week since Pycon India 2010.
> We have had the rest and the feedback.
>
> I guess it is time to kick start the plans of action for
> Pycon India 2011. I see that there is already some discussions
> on the venue. Here are my suggestions, not in any particular
> order of importance.
>
> 1. We need a spearhead for Pycon India 2011 in the same role
> as Noufal, but based in Chennai, who can actually do the
> co-ordination on the ground. The chennai folks need to do
> this ASAP. If Noufal himself can take this up initially, great,
> but I guess when things actually start to take shape on hand,
> we do need someone locally.

I don't think I'll be able to "lead" it. However, I will handle any one
"area" (e.g. sponsorships).

> 2. A show of hands of folks, who would be running the show
> from Chennai. It is useful to know who are the people involved
> IMHO.
>
> 3. Draw up a plan of action with approximate deadlines to each, put
> this up in a wiki page and the "co-ordinator-in-chief" needs to follow
> this up. I am not going into details now.

This would be best done by the chap who'll be leading this.

> 4. Feedback from Pycon India 2010 formalized and put up on
> a wiki page - I will be doing this in a week.
>
> 5.  Get the branding right. We need to decide on a single
> "logo" and theme early on - these discussions need to happen
> in parallel with the actual conference grounds-stuff discussions.

+1. Very important!

> 6. I suggest a separate mailing list purely for conference organizers
> apart from this one which anyone interested in the conference can
> listen in. I will get this done in a week, if there is consensus. This
> will require permission to join and won't be open.

Do we need a separate one? If there are private emails, we can always
just send individually CCed emails.

[...]

--
~noufal