[Inpycon] Fwd: PyCon 2011 (Raji's mail to ChennaiPy)

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 08:19:32 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at au-kbc.org>wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 07:35 +0545, ॥ स्वक्ष ॥ wrote:
> > I'm familiar with Anna University and IIT -- fairly densely populated
> > and within city limits but not so much with the shortlisted ones
> > above. Could someone familiar with Chennai comment on how safe it
> > would be for women to travel to-and-fro from these venues. Frankly, my
> > travel experiences in Chennai have been anything but pleasant and
> > arguments with errant auto-drivers makes me apprehensive, much more
> > about safety than anything else.
>
> there are three rules regarding autos in chennai:
>
> 1. if you do not know tamil - do not use autos in chennai
> 2. if you do not know tamil - do not use autos in chennai
> 3. if you do not know tamil - do not use autos in chennai

I feel Chennai is much better off than before. Its definitely a city
improving, comapred to Bangalore at least. Yes autos are a pain.
Please use the thumbrules we used in Bangalore.
ie
1) places that come free
2) Has good student/staff support
3) is accessible and with lesser traffic pain points.
4) which is nearer to places where we can find accomodation.