[Inpycon] Mobile Apps as prize to participants

kausikram krishnasayee kausikram at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 18:56:17 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM, kunalkant sen <kunalkantsen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> How about giving mobile application (paid one) as prize. Why i am writing
> this to list. Below is my explanation.

-1.
1) how does a mobile app relate to python. if we are taking about doing some
non python related philanthropic work then +1 for that and distributing
mobile apps hardly sounds philanthropic to me.
2) more than downloading and paying the fundamental problem is
the existence of a magnitude of mobile platforms and great disparity amongst
them. this is the problem that plagues the entire industry for which
solutions have hardly been created(okay there are solutions coming up, but
thats not the context of the discussion). giving away mobile apps in
wholesale will hardly solve this problem.

--
Kausikram Krishnasayee
Company: http://silverstripesoftware.com | Webpage: kausikram.in | Blog: