[Inpycon] Ayodhya verdict

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 19:09:31 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22 2010, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:

> Okay.
>
> http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/ayodhya-verdict-educational-institutions-in-karnataka-to-remain-closed-53962
>
> This is worrying to say the least. We need to discuss this at the
> college today.

Okay. As far as I can tell, the situation is that 25th will be a
lockdown day. Prohibitory orders under Section 144 will be in effect on
Saturday which will cripple us.

Whatever we do, it's going to have some negative effects, people's
travel plans will get messed up, people might miss their talks, etc. We
need a plan that will minimise impact.

I propose that we shorten the event to a one day conference. Sunday
only. We can set up the equipment on the eve of th 25th and have a one
day conference starting at 9:00am and going upto 6:00pm or so. I am
going to the college tomorrow along with Sree to talk to the
principal. If we can get two or three halls more, we can fill in the
talks and accomodate everyone. It will be tighter and some people will
miss talks they wanted but it's the only option I can see.

Please let me know what you feel/think about this. I plan to put this up
on a Blog post and tweet/notify about this tomorrow morning.

Thanks.