[Inpycon] Ayodhya verdict

Pradip Caulagi caulagi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 19:26:01 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:39 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay. As far as I can tell, the situation is that 25th will be a
> lockdown day. Prohibitory orders under Section 144 will be in effect on
> Saturday which will cripple us.

How do you know this?

> Whatever we do, it's going to have some negative effects, people's
> travel plans will get messed up, people might miss their talks, etc. We
> need a plan that will minimise impact.
>
> I propose that we shorten the event to a one day conference. Sunday
> only. We can set up the equipment on the eve of th 25th and have a one
> day conference starting at 9:00am and going upto 6:00pm or so. I am
> going to the college tomorrow along with Sree to talk to the
> principal. If we can get two or three halls more, we can fill in the
> talks and accomodate everyone. It will be tighter and some people will
> miss talks they wanted but it's the only option I can see.

I don't think we need to take such drastic measures.  If we do have
problems on 24th, then 25th will be a washout too, as people would
probably not want to venture out.

So I would say - status quo - unless we have more information like
confirmation from Police Commissioner that movements will be
restricted.