[Inpycon] Confirming dates and venue for Inpycon

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 09:53:35 CEST 2011

Hi All,

This is just to inform everyone that we've finalized the dates of Pycon (16,
17, 18 September) and the venue (Symbiosis Vishwabhavan + Symbiosis Law
College). The CFP can now go out...

More details:

16th Sept is a Friday, and we'll have some tutorials on that day.
17/18 = Sat/Sun will be the main conference.

A local tech college, SICSR (Symbiosis Institute for Computer Studies and
Research) will be helping us organize this conference. The contact person
there will be Prof. Harshad Gune. (SICSR and Prof. Gune also organize
Gnunify (http://gnunify.in), an annual, international, open source
conference in Pune.)

However, SICSR itself does not have the facilities to host the conference,
so they will be requesting the use of the facilities of another Symbiosis
institute for this conference. Symbiosis Vishwabhavan, on Senapati Bapat
Road, has a large auditorium with a capacity of 700+ and that will be used
as the main hall. Symbiosis Law College, which is the adjacent building, has
another large hall which can be used for the second track. Law college has
enough classrooms which can be used for other tracks, including BOFs,
tutorials...