[Inpycon] Tutorials

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 04:04:13 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-19 at 07:27 +0530, Roshan Mathews wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 05:01, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 23:20 +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> >> Also, can someone check with the venue whether they have problems
> with
> >> us taking payments for the tutorials (if we are i.e.).
> >
> > this has to be confirmed first - if they are not going to allow
> > 'commercial' activity we have to know *now*.
> >
> Why is this any more 'commercial' than the conference itself?  We
> didn't ask them if they have a problem with us selling tickets for
> attendees.  Would they have a problem if we paid the conference
> speakers (in cash? or free food/drinks/books?)

please do not argue for the sake of argument - academic bodies have
policies. One such policy is that if a venue is given free, no
'commercial' activity can take place. They get to define 'commercial'.
Usually charging a token fee for attending does not come under their
definition. We just need to find out their policy.
--
regards
Kenneth Gonsalves