[Inpycon] Tutorials

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 05:49:09 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11 2011, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > 1. Two or three hours per tutorial. Around 30 students max.
> >
> > 2 and 3 I'm not sure. The US and APAC PyCons have separate payments for
> > this. It's a lot of effort to make a good tutorial so there should be
> > *some* incentive. How about 500 INR per tutorial and first come first
> > serve. The trainer can be paid 50% of the total amount and the IPSS can
> > keep the rest. Tutorials with less than 10 participants will be
> > cancelled.
> >

> > 4. If it's paid for, then this is must. Otherwise, I guess not. Maybe
> >    left to the trainers?
> >
> > 5. If the trainers are commercially providing these trainings outside
> >    PyCon, they might not want it to be recorded and put online. That was
> >    my concern (and the reason why the US ones were not recorded this
> >    year).
>
> [...]
>
> Can we confirm this?

I have at least two volunteers (including self to run the tutorials course)
I am looking for more. I believe it would be helpful if we can structure a
non commercial tutorials. As I continue to look for more volunteers - is
there anyone on the list who would be keen to volunteer for the same (ie.
running a part of the tutorial sessions) ?

This is not meant to preclude us finding out about the policies of the
institution when offering paid for tutorials - I think we need to keep both
the possibilities moving.

 Dhananjay