[Inpycon] When are we opening the CFP?

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:48:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/4/21 Navin Kabra <navin at smriti.com>:
> > On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> We need a hard date on this and have to clear up the business about
> >> tutorial structure and format before then.
> >
> > The venue itself has no restrictions, and they would be fine with paid
> > tutorials (i.e. tutorials in which the trainer gets paid).
> > So it is up to us to decide whether we want to do paid tutorials or
> > volunteer tutorials; and whether we're charging separately for those or
> it
> > is included in the conference fees.
>
> We only need to decide whether or nor the trainers get pair or not.
>
> The decision about mode of charging for tutorials can be made even
> after the CFP is open.

Not sure if I understand. I think Navin was responding from a venue and
venue policy perspective.

What I do not understand is why (if that was implied) we would need to
decide on whether trainers get paid anytime soon? My working assumption is
that we will try to get sufficient volunteers to conduct the training. At
this moment I believe there are now 4 (counting Noufal's offer the other
day). So unless we find ourselves uncomfortably placed I think we should
continue with volunteer trainees which was unless I stand corrected also
reflected in the discussion between Ramki / BG / self mailed out to the
group as well.

Do let me know if there is something I either missed out or misunderstood.

Dhananjay