[Inpycon] When are we opening the CFP?

Dhananjay Nene dhananjay.nene at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:03:23 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 21 2011, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>
> > We need a hard date on this and have to clear up the business about
> > tutorial structure and format before then.
>
> Any decisions made/opinions stated about this?
>

> There are two subthreads here and people have voiced opinions about them:

a) Should tutors be paid : As per the earlier discussions we had preferred
not to. Unless there are strong voices otherwise let us go ahead with that
as the decision. We'll have to work on finding more volunteers.

Let me ensure that I clarify the expected output of such a volunteer driven
course. The course content should be professional, something that students
can carry back from the tutorials or others can read off the net and at
least reasonably follow with some effort from their side. It is not just a
high level set of bullet points. I would imagine it would take at least 2
days dedicated effort to prepare a 3 hour session.

We need to work out the structure of the tutorials and I shall get a thread
started so that we can work out the same and have that clarified.

b) Tutorial Fees / Conference fees : I don't have a strong opinion here, but
I'm going to voice an opinion suggesting that Conference fees should be the
only fees and no specific tutorial fees. There was no specific decision on
this matter earlier. This matter is still treated as largely open with a
decision to be made by thursday midnight based on the opinions voiced.

Dhananjay